Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Transition

It has been a busy month and a half.  November and December means holiday craziness and right in the middle of it all we had Nicholas' evaluations for transition from EI to preschool services and his eartube replacement surgery. 
Nicholas' surgery went great and confirmed that he has no hearing loss.  Yay!  This might sound crazy but in the last 24 hours since the surgery we have noticed an increase in sounds from him.  Can't wait to see what the next few weeks bring.
The evaluations went well also.  Nicholas scored within the low average range for cognitive ability.  He is moderately delayed in fine motor and severely delayed in speech.  But, he scored average for gross motor and that means he doesn't qualify for physical therapy services!   The school district meeting is soon and I hope he gets placement in an integrated preschool for next year.  The evaluator told me that he might recommend a typical preschool with a push-in special education assistant, but I am hoping he can stay where he is right now in an intergrated program. 
I am also officially 11 weeks pregnant now.  Starting to get excited and to spread the word to a few close family and friends.  I am waiting to tell everyone  until after my first sonogram which should be in two weeks.  It seems like everything is going fine, esp. because I am with my usual morning sickness and have to take medicine to get through the day.  The worst was when I couldn't find my meds the morning of Nicholas' surgery and began the morning, which required us to get up at 5:30 am, throwing up.  Oh, and I had to throw up  a couple times at the hospital too :(
Besides that we have been enjoying the snow, holiday parties and play time at home. I better get back to work and internet christmas shopping, pictures next blog for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment