Friday, May 28, 2010

Preschool: An End and a Beginning

The End: Nathan had his last day of 3 year-old preschool this week. On Thursday, the school had a picnic for all of the families. It was a perfect day. The sun was shining and the boys were ready to play. My boys do not like animals so much, so the pony ride was a no-go. But they loved climbing and playing on the playground.

I was sad to know that 3 year old preschool was over for Nathan. He just loved it, and his teacher just loved him. It means one more year closer to kindergarten, which i am dreading. But, I have to come to terms that he is growing up and is so cool now that I don't think I will ever get a picture without his sunglasses on...
The Beginning: I was so THRILLED when I spoke to the preschool teacher and learned she was open to having Nicholas in the 3 year old class (a year and a half from now). The school has never had a child with down syndrome (or even a significant disability I believe) in their 40 plus years. So, the fact that they are open to working with us, made me SO happy. And I hope we can set the way for future families. Just look at him, how could anyone resist having him as a student? Oh, he is such a love!!



So, as one ends the 3 year preschool experience, the other is going to get to experience it in a little over a year. And that makes me so happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment